I introduced content marketing to Anua (formerly Bord na Mona Environmental Products, N.A.) when I was their director of operation and marketing.
The firm is the leading energy company in Ireland and provides wastewater, water reuse and odor and volatile organic compound control solutions to municipalities, industry, commercial developers and the residential market in the U.S.
We went to market via distributors and manufacturers' reps.
Since Bord na Mona has been in the business of providing wastewater solutions for more than 75 years, there was plenty of content to share with channel partners, as well as end-user prospects and customers.
By posting at least a couple of blog posts every week, we were able to:
- Build awarenesss of Anua and our wastewater, water reuse and odor and volatile organic compound control solutions.
- Build trust among our channel partners and end-user customers by sharing our knowledge of, and commitment to, wastewater, water reuse and odor and volatile organic compound control solutions.
- Provide a service by educating and answering partners' and clients' questions before they asked them, as well as answers to questions they had not yet considered.
- Become the thought-leader in the industry by addressing relevant topics of interest and answering questions in a responsive and transparent way.
- Doubled traffic to the new, rebranded website via inbound marketing.
- Generate leads from end user customers that we were able to forward to our distributors and manufacturers' reps resulting in our channel partners' perception that we had done more marketing in the last six months than in the first 12 years in the market.
- Begin a relationship, and have a dialogue, with prospects and personally introduce them to channel partners as well qualified leads.
- Nurture marketing qualified leads (MQLs) to sales qualified leads (SQLs) by continuing to provide information of value, answer questions and understand prospects' objections prior to engaging with them in person.
- Improve search engine optimization (organic SEO) by adding content, with keywords and metatags, to our website and links to relevant websites and channel partner sites.
- Accelerate sales by getting more leads and understanding where each prospect was in the buying process so our sales force and channel partners could pursue SQLs and marketing could nurture MQLs.
Are you a manufacturer or channel partner who has benefitted from content marketing?
What have you found to be the most successful content to share?