Great presentation by Arnie Kuenn, CEO of Vertical Measures, at Internet Summit 2014 (#isum14).
Arnie conducted a content marketing workshop in which he shared a couple of keys to improving your content marketing.
Content calendars -- by year and by month.
If you have not put together your plan for 2015 yet, get your marketing, sales and customer service teams together before the end of the year and go through the following process.
For the annual calendar identify by month:
- Business quarter focus or goal
- Selling cycles
- Events -- national, industry specific, company specific
- Product launches
- Company goals
- Metrics -- what are the definitions of success of your content marketing efforts?
For the montly calendar by day list:
- Title or description of the content to be produced
- Due date
- Publish date
- Type of content (blog post, ebook, white paper, infographic, FAQ, video, testimonial, case study)
- Target audience/persona
- Distribution channels for the content produced
- Metadata tags
- Metrics to be measured daily, weekly and monthly
By getting everyone in the room you will accomplish a couple of things:
- You'll generate enough ideas for content that will last you an entire year.
- You'll be inculcating and content marketing and generation mindset among others in the company who will begin to see content opportunities where they had not seen them before.
If you need a facilitator for your content calendar meetings, let me know. I'm happy to help.