Writing a blog about something about which your product or service is a great way to build awareness and trust of your firm and your products and services.
However, prodvide information of value, don't sell. Answer questions. What problems do you solve? How have your customers used it? What do you need to consider before buying?
The information needs to be relevant, interesting and informational to your audience or target personas.
If you take the time to share information of value, via a blog on an ongoing basis, you will grow your brand. Businesses that blog:
- Get 55% more website visitors than businesses that do not.
- Get 70% more leads than businesses that do not.
- More than half (57%) have acquired a customer through their blog.
- Are making a positive impact on their search engine optimization.
- Are adding content to their website with every post and increasing their opportunity to be found.
- Are demonstrating thought leadership, trustworthiness, showcasing their expertise and providing fuel for their inbound marketing efforts.
- Have 97% more inbound links than businesses that do not.
- Help solve their customers and prospects problems.
Write down every question you get from a customer and then write one blog posts that answers each of those questions.
Consumers want the truth and you are able to provide the truth with transparent content and straightforward answers to their questionsu.
Since content is a function of listening to your customers, everyone in your organization should be responsible for providing ideas for content and generating content.
If sales people are being asked questions, those questions should be answered on your blog and on your website.
Following are the seven strategies recommended to develop transparent content:
- Tell the customer what it costs! If you don't, the customer will just go to Google and find out. Build trust by providing information customers want.
- Some customers search for "cost," others for "price." Provide answers both ways with different blog posts. Writing the way people ask questions or search is the key to outstanding SEO performance.
- Everyone wants to know about potential problems. Talk about your problems and your solutions to the problems. Address customers' concerns upfront, don't make them search another site for the answer.
- "Versus/Compare." People want to compare alternatives. Go ahead and present the alternatives for them in an open and objective way.
- Awards. People love awards. If no one is recognizing providers in your industry, go ahead and do so. Recognize what your competitors do well and they'll post your content on their website and Facebook page. This gives your site more links and more traffic.
- Break news. Be the leading voice, and thought-leader, of your industry. Provide insights be they good, bad or ugly. There is power in being the source of news and knowledge for your industry.
- People love "best of" lists. What "best of" lists can you create for your industry?
By becoming the respected voice of your industry, you will improve your leads, shorten your sales cycle and improve revenue.
Think like a customer. Always be on the lookout for content. Encourage and empower your employees to do the same.
Be a teacher and a lifelong learner, especially with regards to what customers want to know.
How can we help you develop an inbound marketing strategy based on content marketing?