The following is from presentations by Dr. Gary Rhoads, the founder of Allegiance, as part of the VoC professional certification program.
Engaged employees are good for your business on several fronts:
- They stay longer than disengaged employees
- They reduce training costs
- They reduce recruitment costs by staying longer and recruiting people like them
- They promote the company, its products and services to their family and friends
- They demonstrate increased productivity and quality to internal customers
- They are passionate about providing an outstanding customer experience
- They are role models for less engaged employees helping to increase levels of engagement
- Head = "I believe" -- I believe in our company's products and services. They are the best in the industry and they will help to fulfill our customers' needs.
- Heart = "I'm inspired" -- I'm excited by, and in alignment with, the vision, mission, values and strategic positioning of my company.
- Actions = "I'll give discretionary effort." -- I will recommend our products and services to my friends and family. I will go out of my way to provide an outstanding customer experience to my customers.
- Recognize and reward the right behavior and effort
- Connect engagement to the vision, mission, values and strategic positioning of the firm
- Empower everyone in the firm to provide an outstanding customer experience and recognize them for doing do
- Whoever causes the pain should feel the pain -- identify the source of the problem and go to the source for the resolution