The third element of the brand platform are core values.
Prior to the internet and growth of social media, I don't think companies gave their core values a lot of thought.
However, today you better walk your talk or risk getting called out on social media.
What are core values? My definition is, the unwavering principles that guide how we conduct business, make and sell products, and especially, how we develop and maintain relationships with customers and prospects.
What do you need to consider when developing your core values?
- What values do we have now?
- What should we keep?
- What are we not that we would like to be?
- What are functional?
- What are emotional?
- Deliver "WOW" through service.
- Embrace and drive change.
- Create fun and a little weirdness.
- Be adventurous, creative and open-minded.
- Pursue growth and meaning.
- Build open and honest relationships with communication.
- Build a positive team and family spirit.
- Do more with less.
- Be passionate and determined.
- Be humble.